- This event has passed.
2019 Northeast Storage EXPO – Attendee
October 2, 2019 @ 2:00 PM - October 3, 2019 @ 4:00 PM
Our annual Northeast Storage EXPO is being held at the new MGM Casino in Springfield, MA October 2-3, 2019!
Exhibitors: Please go here.
As you can tell from the topics in our agenda below, we’re adding a technological spin to this year’s show! The educational sessions on day one will boast the knowledge, experience, and success of the three founding members of Atomic Storage Group including Rick Beal, Magen Smith, and Matthew Van Horn. On day two, we’ll add the always-enjoyable and helpful attorney Jeffrey Greenberger of Greenberger & Brewer, LLP to the mix as well as a panel of experts who will explore the trends and advancements of technology in today’s world. Throw in roundtables, exhibits, and networking and we have the makings of a groundbreaking show at a can’t-miss location!
MGM is offering beautiful, brand new luxury rooms for our attendees at an astounding rate of $179 per night. You can book online here. The deadline to make your overnight hotel reservations is Sunday, September 1, 2019.
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
2:00 PM Registration
2:30 PM Breakout Sessions (attend one)
Buying, Operating, or Selling: The Numbers You Should Know with Magen Smith, CPA of Atomic Storage Group
Whether you are buying, operating, or selling a storage facility, there are a handful of numbers that can make or break any deal. In this session, we will cover the numbers you should know, where to find them, and why they are important. Buyers will learn the key metrics to review to know if the property is a good deal. Owners and operators will understand numbers beyond rentals and revenue. What else should you review daily, weekly, and monthly? And sellers will learn how to clean up their business to get top dollar in today’s market.
How Tech Trends Improve Your Hiring with Rick Beal of Atomic Storage Group
Storage is a difficult industry to attract talent. Owners and operators are continually challenged to find the best candidates with the methods given to them. These manual processes slow down an organization’s resources and make it difficult to optimize workflows. In this session you will learn how technology will help you through recruitment to hiring. Because, as you know, the most important decision you can make is who is behind the counter.
3:45 PM Break
4:00 PM Bringing Your Storage Operations into the 21st Century with Rick Beal, Magen Smith, and Matthew Van Horn of Atomic Storage Group
Self storage owners face a wide variety of challenges, often including staff, revenue, and competition. In truth, most of the biggest challenges owners have is around one central theme: the bottom line. With the changing scene of technology in storage, it is even more important to understand what you need to improve and why. In this session, we will open our operations and show you the tools you need to bring your storage business into the 21st century without taxing the bottom line. Bring your questions for an active panel discussion.
5:15 PM Annual Business Meeting
5:30 PM Tradeshow and Reception
Join us in the tradeshow hall and on the terrace for mingling, exhibits, hors d’oeuvres, drinks, and networking.
Thursday, October 3, 2019
Registration begins at 8:00 AM. Wake up with breakfast and networking before a day of education and conversation. The schedule and education sessions are listed below.
8:00 AM Registration, Tradeshow, and Breakfast
8:30 AM Welcome and Opening Remarks
8:45 AM Roundtables (attend 3)
- Free Tech Tools to Run Your Facility, Rick Beal of Atomic Storage Group
- How Cloud-Based Access Control Systems and Technology are Changing the Self Storage Industry, Christian Thurgood, Easy Storage Solutions
- Late2Lien: The Turnkey Solution to Automating Late End Lien Sale Notices, Jeffrey Greenberger of Greenberger & Brewer, LLP
- Owning Your Numbers & Understanding Reports, Magen Smith of Atomic Storage Group
- Self Storage Q&A: Ask an Expert, Matthew Van Horn of Atomic Storage Group
- Specialty Storage and Other Options to Increase Revenue and Improve the Bottom Line, Connie Neville of SVN Commercial Real Estate Advisors
- Using Smart Technology to Compete in the Self Storage Industry, Devin Zucker of Janus International
10:00 AM What is New and How It Can be Utilized by Self Storage Facilities with panelists Thomas Brooks of PTI Security Systems, Stephen Tranni of Stor-U-Self, and Tully Zipkin of Global Integrated Technologies
Topics covered by our panel include:
- Cloud base solutions: What does it mean and is it important to you?
- Access control options, including: Mobile applications, automated payment notifications and applications, and automatic locking and overlocking options.
- Artificial intelligence surveillance cameras and what opportunities they present for actual surveillance with optional PA announcements vs. “after the crime” video recording systems.
- Dollars and sense: How does the ROI work?
11:00 AM Exhibits
12:30 PM Lunch, Exhibits
1:15 PM Reconvene and Scholarship Award Presentation
1:30 PM 10 Things Self Storage Owners Do to Self Sabotage with Matthew Van Horn, Atomic Storage Group
Owning a self storage facility can be a trip down insanity lane, with a quick stop at the corner of confusion and overload. It only takes a few mistakes and all of a sudden your dream facility turns into a rudderless plane full of gremlins. This session will show you how to systematically analyze your self storage operation so you can avoid the gremlins and keep your facility on track. Bullet points include:
- Why self storage isn’t like your other businesses
- How to find the self storage manager of your dreams
- Why your self storage facility’s bottom line isn’t the only line
- How to create a stellar self storage marketing plan and why you need to market your facility all the time
- Leveraging the lost art of communication
- Why technology doesn’t solve every problem
- Where to find help before the gremlins create havoc in your self storage operations
- How to leverage revenue management the right way
2:30 PM Why Can’t I Fall in Love with Online Rentals? with Jeffrey Greenberger, Greenberger & Brewer, LLP
Technology is rapidly evolving in the self storage industry, but at times we forget that our industry needs information and sometimes we just need to “see” our potential tenant. Our keynote speaker takes a look at how technology is evolving and reminds us to look at the legal implications of each technological step we take before we leap, as we may forget to protect our businesses.
4:00 PM Closing Remarks, Adjourn
Member Registration: $179 ($199 after September 12)
Nonmember Registration: $199 ($229 after September 12)
Cancellation Policy: Refunds will be issued for full amount minus a $75 administration fee if received in writing by September 18, 2019. Refunds cannot be issued after September 18, 2019.