It is the unqualified policy of the Northeast Self Storage Association (NeSSA) to conduct its operations in strict compliance with the antitrust laws of the United States. The NeSSA antitrust policy prohibits any discussions which may constitute or imply an agreement or understanding concerning:
- prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale;
- profits or profit margins or cost data;
- market shares, sales territories, or markets;
- allocation of customers or territories;
- selection, rejection or termination of customers or suppliers;
- restricting the territory or markets in which a company may resell products;
- restricting the customers to whom a company may sell; or
- any matter which is inconsistent with the proposition that each manufacturer, wholesaler, and distributor must exercise its independent business judgment in pricing its services or products, dealing with its customers and suppliers and choosing markets in which it will compete.
Event Attendee Cancellation Policy
Event Cancellation by NeSSA
Adopted May 10, 2022
While the NeSSA welcomes non-exhibiting vendors who have paid an admission fee to our tradeshow, the NeSSA Board of Directors has developed a new policy.
Non-exhibiting vendor companies may not solicit business via distribution of any materials including, but not exclusively, printed materials or handouts, on the NeSSA tradeshow floor. Also, vendor companies who have not paid for a booth at the tradeshow ("non-exhibiting attendees") may not conduct meetings and/or presentations within the tradeshow facility and surrounding premises owned by said facility during tradeshow hours.
Exhibiting vendors, NeSSA members, and staff who witness such activity are asked to gather printed materials and/or event invitations and provide them to NeSSA staff, showing that a direct violation of this policy is about to or has taken place.
Any violation of this policy will result in an invoice and charge equal to the fee for one 8x10 booth being submitted for payment by the offending member/organization. The offending individual or company shall be banned from any future NeSSA activities until said invoice is paid in full.
Northeast Storage EXPO Exhibit Rules & Regulations
1. ACCEPTABILITY OF EXHIBITS: All exhibits shall serve the interest of the members of NeSSA and shall be operated in a way that will not distract from other exhibits or from the Exhibition as a whole. Exhibit Management determines acceptability of persons, things, conduct and or printed matter and reserves the right to require the immediate withdrawal of any exhibit which is believed to be injurious to the purpose of the Association. In the event of such restriction or eviction NeSSA is not liable for any refund of exhibit fees, or any other exhibit related expense. All exhibits shall be in conformance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
2. APPLICATIONS FOR SPACE: Application for space should be made in writing on the official contract/application form. Telephone applications will be accepted, if you call Courtney Kahler at 617-600-4481.
3. ASSIGNMENT OF SPACE: Five-Star annual sponsors are given first pick before registration opens. After that it is first come, first served.
Contract & Full payment must be received with registration.
Assignments will be made based on availability. NeSSA reserves the right to change location assignments at any time, as it may be, in its sole discretion, deemed necessary.
4. FULL PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED WITH REGISTRATION: Applications received without full payment will not be assigned a space until payment is received.
5. CANCELLATION: NeSSA must be notified in writing in the event of cancellation or space reduction no later than 30 days before the show. Refunds of booth fees will made only in the event the Northeast Storage EXPO is able to resell the space, otherwise there is no refund. If the on-site conference program has been printed at the time of cancellation, no refunds will be granted.
6. NON-COMPLIANCE OF RULES AND REGULATIONS: Exhibitors who do not meet stated deadlines, or who do not comply with the rules outlined herein, will forfeit their space and all fees.
7. FAILURE TO OCCUPY SPACE: The Exhibitor will forfeit space not occupied at the close of the exhibit installation period, and this space may be resold, reassigned, or used by Exhibit Management and will not be issued a refund.
8. EXHIBIT FEES: NeSSA Member - $750 early rate; $900 late rate (2nd representative is included for NeSSA members)
Non-members - $1,000 early rate; $1,250 late rate (1 representative is included for non-members)
Additional staff is $199 per person and will not exceed 3 people.
Early and late rate dates will be adjusted appropriately each year with the scheduling of that year's event.
Exhibit fees include: Back wall (8’ high) and siderails (3’ high), fabric drapes, ID sign, (1) skirted table, (2) chairs, (1) wastebasket, cleaning service prior to and following the event, and exhibitor attendee name badges. A final registration list will be sent as an Excel file by e-mail.
9. FLOOR PLAN: All dimensions and locations shown on the official floor plan are believed to be accurate. Exhibit management reserves the right to make such modifications as may be necessary.
10. CANCELLATION OF EXHIBITION SPACE: If NeSSA should be prevented from holding the exhibition by reasons of any cause beyond its control (such as but not limited to acts of God) or, it cannot permit the exhibitor to occupy the space due to causes beyond its control, the NeSSA has the right to cancel the Exhibition with no further liability to the exhibitor other than a refund of space rental, less a proportionate share of Exhibition expenses.
11. RESTRICTIONS OF SPACE: No exhibit shall sublet, assign, or share any part of the space allocated without written consent of NeSSA. Solicitation or demonstrations by exhibitors must be within the bounds of their assigned space. Aisles shall not be used for exhibit purposes, display signs, solicitation, or distribution promotional material. Exhibit signs are prohibited in any public areas or elsewhere on the premises of the meeting facility, guest rooms, or hallways of the hotel. Operation of sound devices is allowed if the exhibitor complies with the Exhibit Management discretion on volume. Any firm or organization not assigned exhibit space is prohibited from conducting business at the Exhibition or in the hotel, unless the organization is an
official sponsor of the event and has obtained written permission from NeSSA.
12. CONSTRUCTION OF EXHIBITS: Exhibits shall be constructed and arranged so that they do not obstruct the general view of any other exhibit. No sidewall higher than 3’ may extend more than 50% of the distance from the back wall of the booth toward the aisle. This rule applies to end caps as well. No display material exposing an unfinished surface to neighboring exhibits or aisles will be permitted. Exhibitors wishing to use other than standard booth equipment, signs, or materials that in anyway conflict with regulations must submit two (2) copies of a detailed sketch of the proposed layout at least 45 days prior to the Exhibition and must receive written approval from Exhibition Management.
13. CARE OF FACILITY: Nothing shall be posted on, nailed, screwed, or otherwise attached to columns, walls, floors, or other parts of the building or furniture. Distribution of promotional gummed stickers or labels is strictly prohibited. Anything necessary for the protection of the building, equipment, or furniture will be at the expense of the exhibitor.
14. FIRE REGULATIONS: All fabrics and other material used for decorative purposes must be flameproof. Each exhibitor must have a certificate showing the display materials have been treated by a fireproofing compound and approved by the appropriate city agency. All packing and decorating material must be flameproof. Merchandise must not be packed in paper or straw. Any merchandise packed in flammable material cannot be brought into the show. All electrical equipment must be UL-Approved and must be wired in accordance with the rules of the local board of Fire Underwriters. All empty cartons and/or crates must be removed from the exhibit hall. Local fire regulations related to exhibits will be strictly enforced. Any exhibitor bringing a motorized vehicle into the tradeshow area must notify NeSSA in writing sixty (60) days in advance and is responsible to receive approval from local firm authorities.
15. INSURANCE: All exhibitors must show proof of insurance for $1 million worth of liability insurance. Failure to provide such documentation will mean forfeiture of the exhibit space, with no refunds being provided. Exhibit materials shall be covered from the time they are shipped from the warehouse, through move-in, show dates, move-out, and until all materials have been received at the point of origin. The exhibitor assumes entire responsibility and hereby agrees to protect, defend, indemnity, and save the hotel, its owners and operators, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, directors, and agents harmless against all claims, losses, or damages to persons or property, governmental charges or fines and attorney’s fees arising out of or caused by its installation, removal, maintenance, occupancy, or use of the exhibition premises or a part thereof, excluding any such liability caused by the sole gross negligence of the hotel and its employees and agents. The Exhibitor shall obtain and keep in force during the term of the installation and use of the premises, policies, and Comprehensive General Liability insurance and contractual Liability Insurance in the amount of a least $1 million Combined Single Limit for personal injury and property damage. In addition, the Exhibitor acknowledges that neither NeSSA, the hotel, its owners and operators, maintain insurance covering exhibitor’s property and that it is the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor to obtain business interruption and property damage insurance insuring any losses by the Exhibitor. The Exhibitor assumes the responsibility for any and all loss, theft, damage, and claims arising out of injury or damage to the exhibitor’s display, equipment, and other property while on the premises, and shall indemnity and hold harmless the official exhibit decorator, NeSSA, and the hotel and its affiliate arising from such loss, theft, or damage.
Certificate holder: NE Storage Expo, 17047 Goldcrest Loop, Clermont, FL 34714.
Description: Tradeshow at (event location) (Month, Dates, Year). NeSSA and (event location) is additional insured.
16. SHIPPING: Both equipment and materials are only to be shipped to the Official Decorator, and not to NeSSA or the hotel. NeSSA and the hotel are not responsible for lost or missing shipments.
17. SECURITY: Exhibit Management provides peripheral security guard service. It is the responsibility of each exhibitor to protect display materials from loss or damage. Small display and personal items must be secured before leaving the display. NeSSA and the hotel are not liable for the theft or damage to exhibit materials.
18. UNIONS AND CONTRACTS: Exhibitors agree to abide by the Rules and Regulations concerning local unions having agreements with the Exposition facility or with authorized service contractors employed by Exhibit Management. Only the Official Contractors designed by the Exhibit Management will be permitted in exhibit areas unless authorized by Exhibit Management.
19. COMPLIANCE: The exhibitor agrees to abide by and comply with the Rules and Regs including any amendments Exhibit Management may make. Exhibitor further assumes all responsibility for compliance with all laws, ordinance, regulations and codes of duly authorized local, state and federal governing bodies concerning fire, safety, and health as well as the rules and regulations of the operators of and/or owners of the property where the exhibit is held.