Webinars are FREE to all members of NeSSA. Nonmembers can attend for $39 per person.
Not a member? Check out this clip of one of our archived webinars from 2015 to experience this member benefit firsthand:
Maximizing Tax Savings for Self Storage Owners and Operators
Carly Ferris, Capstan Tax Strategies
December 2, 2019
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) was signed into law on December 22, 2017. This marks the first comprehensive tax law reform since 1986 and the legislation has created a wealth of new opportunities for the thoughtful owner of self storage properties. A thorough cost segregation study is the vehicle by which TCJA benefits may be obtained. The Tangible Property Regulations (TPRs) are still in play in this post tax-reform era, and in fact augment the utility of the TCJA. Again, a thorough cost segregation study is the key to fully leveraging all possible benefits. We will also discuss several case studies to illustrate how self storage owners and operators have realized tax savings through these strategies. Learning objectives:
- Understand how cost segregation is the vehicle by which tax savings opportunities are obtained.
- Use a TPR flowchart to assist in the expense vs. capitalization decision-making process.
- Identify possible opportunities for leveraging the TPRs.
- Explain the significance of the date 9/27/17 in determining bonus rates for new construction projects and acquisitions.
- Review the current status of Qualified Improvement Property under the TCJA.
- Become familiar with Section 179 and Opportunity Zones under the TCJA.
Grassroots Marketing to Digital Marketing: Why It All Matters
Lauren Mannarelli and Laura Gattis, The Storage Group
February 27, 2020
Gone are the days of advertising your facility on your local high school’s billboard. In today’s world, the grassroots of marketing is located at the heart of Google. The self storage industry has grown leaps and bounds over the past five years, and trying to keep up can be difficult. Join our webinar where we walk you through it all! You’ll learn:
- How to market your facility in 2020
- Understanding the importance of the online presence
- Realistic tips for growing your business