The Northeast Self Storage Association is proud to support a scholarship fund made eligible to family members and employees of the association’s members. The scholarship first premiered in 2015 and is named after its creator, board member, volunteer, and continuous supporter, Stephen Tranni of Stor-U-Self.
Since 2015, NeSSA’s scholarship program has awarded $12,000 across six students from all backgrounds. We hope you will be the next to take advantage of this amazing member benefit!
This fund can’t replenish itself. It relies on the generous donations of our members and supporters. If you are interested in donating to this venture, you can check out the sponsorship packet and email us for further details.
Applicants must be an employee of or related to a member of the Northeast Self Storage Association, and are enrolled or enrolling in a school of higher education.
Scholarships will be chosen by a committee of volunteers from NeSSA and will be awarded each year at the Northeast Storage EXPO held every fall. If there is more than one applicant the committee deems worthy of a scholarship, the amount may be split into differing levels and presented to more than one individual.
Scholarships are based on the applicant’s responses to the questions on the application.
Completed applications must be received no later than August 15 each year for the current/upcoming academic year.
- The applicant must be an employee of, or related to, a member of NeSSA.
- Applicants cannot be related to scholarship committee members.
- The applicant must be enrolled or enrolling in a school of higher education, either full-time or part-time (technical college, 2- or 4-year college, graduate school, etc.), and able to provide proof of acceptance or attendance.
- Proof of acceptance or attendance can include your letter of acceptance, transcript, etc.
- The application will include questions and a 300-600 word essay which will provide a response to a posed question and demonstrate the applicant’s thoughts on the importance of higher education.
- The scholarship must be used for the current/upcoming academic school year.
- The applicant must submit a completed application with all required supporting documents by the noted deadline of August 15.
- The scholarship recipient(s) will be honored at the annual fall Northeast Storage EXPO. One need not be present to accept.
Completed application packets can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (860) 228-1337.