The Connecticut and Massachusetts Self Storage Associations are holding yet another joint event of networking and education with speakers Chris Baird, Stephanie Tharpe, and Scott Zucker.
With exciting programming that features an added half day of education and an exhibit hall that is already filling up, our annual EXPO promises to be another success!
Be sure to book your overnight guest room early. With fantastic accommodations, $129/night room rates are a steal. You can book online here. The deadline to make your overnight hotel reservation is Tuesday, September 6, 2016.
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
1:00 PM Registration
2:00 PM Self Storage Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Following the Laws to Avoid Liability, with Scott Zucker, Weissmann Zucker Euster Morochnik P.C.
This workshop will cover:
- State Law updates
- Case Law updates
- Rental Agreement updates
- Federal Laws that apply to self storage
- Tenant Insurance options
- Search and Seizure
- Privacy and Disposal
- Death, Divorce, and Destruction
4:00 PM Legal Q&A and Open Discussion with Scott Zucker
5:00 PM CTSSA and MASSA Annual Business Meetings
5:30 PM Tradeshow and Reception
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Registration begins at 8:00 AM. Wake up with continental breakfast and networking before a day of education and conversation. The schedule and education sessions are listed below.
8:00 AM Registration, Tradeshow, and Breakfast
8:30 AM Welcome and Opening Remarks
8:45 AM Roundtables
- General Principles of Self Storage Site Design and Layout – Steve Hajewski, Trachte Building Systems
- Learn the Secrets of the REITs: Beat Them at their Digital Marketing Game – Chris Baird, Automatit
- Manager Compensation: The Stuff No One Likes to Talk About – Stephanie Tharpe, A Plus Storage
- Un-Staffed Self Storage Using Self Service – Haynes Willson, SiteLink
10:00 AM Unlocking the Power of Your Website Potential, Chris Baird, Automatit
Having a well-designed website placed high in searches still leaves a large opportunity untapped. This opportunity is increased conversions. The truth is you can tell everyone you have a great product, stock your shelves full of it but if you don’t unlock the door of your store, you still have a losing plan. Conversions are half of the equation for a good marketing plan, so don’t leave them out. This presentation will teach you the metrics that are important, why they are important and the tools you need to improve them. The bottom line is more occupancy which equals more revenue. You will learn:
- What today’s storage customer expects to see on your websites
- What is important to measure and track
- How you asses good and poor performance
- How to use data to increase poor performance
- The future of SEO
11:00 AM Exhibits
12:30 PM Lunch
1:15 PM Reconvene and Scholarship Award Presentation
1:30 PM $32.7 Billion: How Much Are You Getting? Stephanie Tharpe, A Plus Storage
The days of never sending out a rental increase are over. The self storage industry has seen a lot of changes over the last 10 years and things are not like they used to be. In 2016, our industry is projected to bring in $32.7 billion. How can you get a piece of the pie? Stephanie will provide insight on procedures that are proven to work, additional revenue streams and red flags to watch for in your operation. You’ll learn about:
- Managing your rental rates
- When to do rental increases
- How to use discounts effectively
- Ancillary revenue – What are you leaving on the table?
- Audits: A “must-do” for owners
2:30 PM The Digital Advantage: Technology Strategies to Increase Operational Efficiencies
3:45 PM Closing Remarks, Adjourn
Cancellation Policy: Refunds will be issued for full amount minus a $75 administration fee if received in writing by September 15, 2016. Refunds cannot be issued after September 15, 2016.